The Ransomville Volunteer Fire Company was formed in 1924 with 24 charter members. The first president was Dr. John C. Plain.
Fire equipment used (prior to 1924) was a hand pumper rig, pulled by 10 to 15 men. This was equipped with a suction pipe to draw water from any available source. The water was drawn thru a pump carried on the side of the rig and thru the hose. The next equipment, a chemical apparatus, was considered quite an improvement over the first. It was a barrel mechanism mounted on a two-wheeled cart, but still pulled by men. After the fire company formed, a regular motorized power chemical rig was purchased. Until the first fire hall was built in 1925, the equipment was kept in a barn, behind what was then Bishop's store. The first hall was located on Youngstown-Lockport Road, east of the Four Corners. This was the home of the Fire Company until 1960, when a new Fire Hall was erected and dedicated on it's present site.
The first firemen's field day was held on the Four Corners to Academy Street. Field days were held annually until 1957, when they were discontinued.
In 1925, the Ladies Auxiliary was formed by a group of firemen's wives/ Their object was to assist the firemen by raising of funds and by serving refreshments at the time of a fire. They also participated in field day parades, beginning in 1946, wearing uniforms of black and white.
The Ransomville Fire Company Drum and Bugle Corps was begun in 1946. Organized by Harold Caldwell, the Corps originally consisted of boys and girls from three to sixteen years of age. When disbanded in 1954, it had given musical instruction to over two hundred youngsters of the Wilson - Ransomville area.
The Ransomville Exempt Volunteer Firemen's Association was organized in December of 1936. The object of the Association is to perpetuate and maintain the traditions and social relations cherished by all former members of the Volunteer Fire Department in the hamlet of Ransomville; to collect and preserve all firemen's relics and articles of historical value, and to provide and maintain a permanent headquarters or home.